Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cuffs are a Must!

I've seen a growing epidemic of another fashion fopah. Men not wearing cuffs in their pants. Understand, this is not nearly as bad as wearing button down collars with a tie, but it's still wrong. Gentlemen, if you want to be fashionable, you must wear cuffs in your pants. There is one exception, when you're wearing a tuxedo or blue jeans.
I know the rules of dress make it acceptable to NOT wear cuffs in your pants, but really, haven't you realized just how out of place and silly you look when you walk around with your cuffless pants. You look like one of those old guys in Florida with the polyester plaid pants, white patent leather shoes (and matching belt), that hang out at "the home" and play shuffleboard. You don't want to be that guy! Unless of course, you want to be walking proof that you have no sense of fashion, or style.
Cuffs are traditionally worn at 1 1/2". Personally, I like a little extra flair to my style, so I mix it up from time to time. But my usual preference tends to be 2". I have been know to wear a 1/2" and a 3"cuff; just to be different. However, the 3" cuff didn't go over so well. I'm not tall enough. A person should be around 6'5" to wear a 3" cuff. But man does it look good!
Play around with your cuff size, go big or go small. In any case, you should never be sen without a cuff. That is, of course, if you want to be a man of style. Until next time...
God Bless and dress well.
William the Clothier

No comments:

Post a Comment