Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why do I have to be a Metrosexual?

I don't get it. Will someone please explain to me why a man that takes time to pay attention to the details in his appearance has to be labeled? I'm a country boy from Arkansas. I was raised that a man took care of himself. When he left the house he looked decent. His hair was combed. His teeth were brushed. His pants FIT! What in the world went wrong? I'll tell you what went wrong. Men stopped acting like men. Men, by definition, have changed.
Somehow, it became manly for a guy to leave his home, looking like he just got out of bed; pants too big, clothes not fitting properly; just a hot mess. It's pothetic! I didn't mispell it POthetic! Poor taste+ pathetic= Pothetic. It's so bad that, when a man takes real time to show care about his image and appearance, he's got to be given a label. He's a metrosexual. When I was a kid, it was just called being a man, now it's a metrosexual.
Fellas, ask you lady whether or not she prefers your nails to be groomed. OF COURSE SHE DOES! Who are we to expect our women to take the time to look beautiful, while we do less than the bare minimum? We should be ashamed of ourselves for being such poor mates. They go out and get fake boobs, manicures, pedicures, hair styled, facials, and everything else. Why? To look good for us. And we can't take time 15 minutes to actually pay attention to whether or not our clothes match, to manicure our nails, and to get a decent haircut. No wonder your woman doesn't look at you the same, you lazy, low expectations, bare minimum giving, waste of a penis! No wonder you're always worried about her leaving you. Give her something to be proud of. Take some time and pay attention to your image. You spend hours a week thinking about fantasy football, or the big game. Give your woman a fantasy. Try to look like the men she's going gaga over on television. Pay attention to your fitness. Get a manicure. Get a haircut. Buy some decent clothes. Stop trying to impress your boys by "being a man", and impress your woman. I guarantee you, you'll get a much better return on your investment from your woman, than from your boys.
As for me, if taking the time to look good when I leave the house, spending time on proper grooming, and taking a little extra time get it right makes me a metrosexual. Then fine. I'M A METROSEXUAL! Guilty as charged!
Me enjoying my manicure.

By the way, before one of you tries to validate your lazy lack of hygiene and concern for your image by questioning my manhood, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 6', 225lbs, I spent 81/2 years in the U.S.Navy (7 1/2 as part of a covert special operations unit), I shoot expert with 7 different weapons (lef t and right handed), and have 5 black belts in 3 systems-not to mention multiple degrees including a Masters in Economics. So, "Don't let the smooth taste fool you". I don't need to dress and act like a neanderthal to prove my manhood. I know who I am.
If this post doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it, but if it does, stop gripoing and suck it up. Don't complain to me. Check with your woman. Ask her if she could do a makeover on you, what would she change. You'll be surprised by her answer. And believe me, she has an answer. So until next time...

God Bless and dress well,

William "the Clothier"

No comments:

Post a Comment