Thursday, March 5, 2009

What Every Man Should Have in His Closet.

I get asked all the time, "What should I have in my closet?" This is a very good question. This is also an individual-based question. Reason being, I need the time to get to know your style, to pick out specific items in your wardrobe. But in my opinion, there are staples that every grown man should have in his closet.
Before I give you this list, suffer me this digression. If you only have 1 suit in your closet. That let's me know things about you. It tells me that you don't take your lady out to many nice restaurants. It tells me that you more than likely don't work in a corporate environment, and that you don't deal with many business professionals. The latter of these are fine, but fellas, spend some more time with your lady. Take her out somewhere that you have to actually get dressed for. Let her feel like Cinderella for at least one night every couple of months. She'd truly appreciate it.
Now, back to your wardrobe. Every man should have the following items:

Suits:
1 navy suit
1 charcoal grey suit
1 black suit
1 brown or tan suit (optional)

Dress shirts:
3 white shirts with button collars
1 dress shirt with french cuffs
1 Carolina blue shirt (your choice of collar)
1 pink shirt
1 yellow or cream shirt

2 pair of cufflinks
Handkerchiefs to match your tie or shirt (doesn't have to always be worn)
5-10 ties

Socks
3 pair balck socks
3 grey socks
3 pair brown socks

Shoes
1 pair of black shoes (shined at all times)
1 pair of brown shoes (shined at all times)

This is the minimum that a grown man's wardrobe should consist of. Feel free to add to this wardrobe as necessary. If you're saying right now that you don't have anyplace to wear these clothes, refer back to my second paragraph. Until next time...
God Bless and dress well,
William the Clothier
please fel free to check out my other post on http://www.williamtheclothier.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment