Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Church Clothes/ Club Clothes

A friend of mine asked me to explain the difference between church clothes and club clothes. I will do my best. But first let me offer this disclaimer. These are my beliefs, and if you feel differently, that's your right: God accepts us for who we are, and as we are. Regardless of how we dress. What's in our hearts is more important than what's on our backs. We should spend more time worrying about our own clothes that someone elses. That being said; one should pay attention to the way they dress in a number of places; especially the house of the Lord. If you have appropriate clothes to wear to church, you should do so. You really shouldn't look like you're transitioning from trying to get laid to trying to get saved. Your catch me/hump me boots, high cut skirt and low cut blouse may do wonders for your sex life, but it isn't beneficial to your, or other's, salvation. You should dress appropriately. If you wouldn't wear it to meet the President of the United States, you shouldn't wear it to meet the Creator of the United States.
But understand this. If this is all you have to wear, then go for it. I don't know your budget, and I don't know where you are in your walk with Christ. It is not my place to judge what I don't know. I would rather you be in church dressed unseemly, than to be at home dressed appropriately.
The house of God is all of our homes. It is not our place to get negatively involved in your salvation. If all you have is club clothes, becuase you are making a change in your life, then wear the club clothes. God will temper your heart when the time is right. And he will allow you to be able to get the clothing to dress appropriately. Until next time...
God Bless and dress well,
William the Clothier

Find more blog posts at http://www.williamtheclothier.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment